BeschreibungAlain Badiou is one of the world's most influential living philosophers. Few contemporary thinkers display his breadth of argument and reference, or his ability to intervene in debates critical to both analytic and continental philosophy. Alain Badiou: Key Concepts presents an overview of and introduction to the full range of Badiou's thinking. Essays focus on the foundations of Badiou's thought, his "key concepts" - truth, being, ontology, the subject, and conditions - and on his engagement with a range of thinkers central to his philosophy, including Plato, Descartes, Spinoza, Heidegger and Deleuze.
1. Introduction, A.J. Bartlett and Justin Clemens
2. Biography and Early Works, Oliver Feltham
Part I: The Foundations of Badiou's Thought
3. Philosophy, Oliver Feltham
4. The Conditions, Justin Clemens
5. The Subject, Bruno Besana
6. Ontology, Alex Ling
Part II: Badiou's Key Concepts or "Conditions"
7. Science, Ray Brassier
8. Love, Sigi Jottkandt
9. Art, Eli During
10. Politics, Alberto Toscano & Nina Power
Part III: Badiou's Engagement with Key Philosophers
11. Badiou and Plato, A. J. Bartlett
12. Badiou and Spinoza, Jon Roffe
13. Badiou and Kant, Peter Hallward
14. Badiou and Hegel, Bruno Bosteels
15. Badiou and Heidegger, Mark Hewson
16. Badiou and Lacan, A. J. Bartlett and Justin Clemens
17. Badiou and Deleuze, John Mullarkey
18. Badiou: New Directions, Z. L. Fraser Afterword, A. J. Bartlett and Justin Clemens Chronology of Life & Works
PortraitA.J. Bartlett teaches at Deakin University, Australia. With Paul Ashton he co-edited The Praxis of Alain Badiou. Justin Clemens teaches at the University of Melbourne, Australia, and is author of The Romanticism of Contemporary Theory, and co-editor of Jacques Lacan and the Other Side of Psychoanalysis and The Jacqueline Rose Reader.
Pressestimmen"This book includes exposition, analysis and appraisal of Badiou's work by some of the best of a new generation committed to writing about Badiou's thought in an accessible and engaging form. They show how Badiou has given a unique turn to French philosophy on a wide range of philosophical topics." - Russell Grigg, Deakin University, Australia
Untertitel: Key Concepts. black & white illustrations. Sprache: Englisch.
Verlag: Taylor & Francis Ltd
Erscheinungsdatum: Juli 2010
Seitenanzahl: 223 Seiten