Brukner & Khan's Clinical Sports Medicine
Lieferbar innerhalb von 1-2 Wochen
BeschreibungThe Bible of Sports Medicine - Now enhanced by a new companion website! Brukner and Khan's Clinical Sports Medicine 4th Edition is the complete practical guide to musculoskeletal medicine and physical therapy, covering all aspects of diagnosis and management of sports-related injuries and physical activity. Extensively revised and expanded by the world's leading sports physicians, this fourth edition continues to set the standard as the pinnacle of current knowledge and practice in sports medicine. At 1,270 pages, 67 chapters and over 1000 full colour images, the fourth edition has 25% more content than the best-selling third edition. All aspects of diagnosis and management of sports-related injuries and physical activity are covered, including the fundamental principles of sports medicine, diagnosis and treatment of sports injuries, enhancement of sports performance and dealing with special groups of participants. With a focus on clinical relevance, each chapter has been comprehensively reviewed and updated and there are 13 brand new chapters covering hot topics such as challenging hip pain, sudden death in sport, hamstring tear management, sideline emergency care, and the latest in pain science. Led by Peter Brukner (Head of Sports Medicine and Sports Science, Liverpool Football Club) and Karim Khan (Professor, University of British Columbia, Vancouver), the 100 strong author team, representing 14 countries around the world, are all renowned experts in their field and have an average of 15 years practical experience. Key Features: - New companion website featuring over 4 hours of assess ment and treatment video and audio material which will be updated regularly - 12 months access with book purchase - Comprehensively reviewed and updated featuring an expert international author team - Expanded! Includes 13 new chapters covering topics such as hip pain, military medicine, prevention of sudden cardiac death and the integration of evidence into clinical practice - MORE illustrations than ever before with over 1000 colour photographs demonstrating techniques, exercises and sports injuries and purpose drawn full colour anatomical illustrations - Full colour text design greatly enhances readability of the content while clear colour differentiation for headings and figures ensures ease of use The fourth edition is enhanced by a new companion website featuring Clinical Sports Medicine Masterclasses Online . Readers will gain access to this secure site via a pincode included with the book. The site will include video clips of clinical examinations, interviews with leading experts and will be updated regularly. Brukner and Khan's Clinical Sports Medicine 4E provides excellent value as an authoritative clinical foundation for physiotherapists, medical practitioners, osteopaths, massage therapists, podiatrists, sports/athletic trainers, sports therapists, fitness leaders and athletes. It is widely adopted by students in sports physiotherapy, medicine, and human movement studies/kinesiology.
InhaltsverzeichnisPart A - Fundamental principles
1. Sports and exercise medicine: addressing the world's greatest public health problem 2. Sports and exercise medicine: the team approach 3. Integrating evidence into clinical practice to make quality decisions 4. Sports injuries: acute 5. Sports injuries: overuse 6. Pain: why and how does it hurt? 7. Beware: conditions masquerading as sports injuries 8. Clinical aspects of biomechanics and sporting injuries 9. Principles of injury prevention 10. Recovery 11. Principles of diagnosis: clinical assessment 12. Principles of diagnosis: investigations including imaging 13. Treatments used for musculoskeletal conditions: more choices and more evidence 14. Core stability 15. Principles of rehabilitation 16. Principles of physical activity promotion for clinicians Part B - Regional problems
17. Sports concussion 18. Headache19. Facial injuries 20. Neck pain 21. Shoulder pain 22. Elbow and arm pain 23. Wrist pain 24. Hand and finger injuries 25. Thoracic and chest pain 26. Low back pain 27. Buttock pain 28. Hip-related pain 29. Groin pain 30. Anterior thigh pain 31. Posterior thigh pain 32. Acute knee injuries 33. Anterior knee pain 34. Lateral, medial, and posterior knee pain 35. Leg pain 36. Calf pain 37. Pain in the Achilles region 38. Acute ankle injuries 39. Ankle pain 40. Foot pain 41. The patient with longstanding symptoms: clinical pearls Part C - Special groups of participants
42. The younger athlete 43. Women and activity-related issues across the lifespan 44. The older person who exercises 45. Military personnel 46. The athlete with a disability Part D - Management of medical problems
47. Medical emergencies in the sporting context 48. Sudden cardiac death in sport 49. Managing cardiovascular symptoms in sportspeople 50. Respiratory symptoms during exercise 51. Gastrointestinal symptoms during exercise 52. Renal symptoms during exercise 53. Diabetes mellitus 54. Exercise to treat neurological diseases and improve mental health 55. Joint-related symptoms without acute injury 56. Common sports-related infections 57. The tired athlete 58. Exercise in the heat 59. Exercise at the extremes of cold and altitude 60. Quick exercise prescriptions for specific medical conditions Part E - Practical sports medicine
61. The preparticipation physical evaluation 62. Screening the elite sportsperson 63. Providing team care 64. Traveling with a team 65. Medical coverage of endurance events 66. Drugs and the athlete 67. Ethics and sports medicine
PortraitPeter Brukner, MB BS, DRCOG, FACSM, FACSP, FASMF is a sports physician and Associate Professor in Sports Medicine at the Centre for Health, Exercise and Sports Medicine, University of Melbourne, Australia. He is the founding partner of the Olympic Park Sports Medicine Centre, a past president of the Australasian College of Sports Physicians, and an Olympic Team Physician.
Untertitel: 4th edition. Sprache: Englisch.
Verlag: McGraw-Hill Education Ltd
Erscheinungsdatum: Dezember 2011