InhaltsverzeichnisPreface, John Borneman, Princeton University, USA Introduction, Stefan Senders, Hobart and William Smith Colleges, USA, and Allison Truitt, Tulane University
1. Equation Fixations: On the Whole and the Sum of Dollars In Foreign Exchange, Julie Y. Chu, Wellesley College, USA
2. Changing Money in Post-Soviet Ukraine, JA Dickinson, University of Vermont, USA
3. Dollars and Dolores in Postwar El Salvador, Ellen Moodie, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, USA
4. Cold Cash and Hot Loans in Southern Vietnam, Allison Truitt
5. The Smoking Wallet: An Anthropologist Meets Transnational Tobacco Corporations in Malawi, Marty Otanez, University of California San Francisco, USA
6. What do You Want Me to Do, Bang My Head Against the Wall?, Stefan Senders, Hobart and William Smith Colleges, USA
7. Circuits of Conversion: From 14,000 to 1, Naeem Inayatullah, Ithaca College, USA Guide to Further Reading Bibliography Notes on Contributors
PortraitStefan Senders is Assistant Professor of Rhetoric and Writing at Hobart and William Smith Colleges, USA. Allison Truitt is Assistant Professor in the Department of Anthropology at Tulane University, USA.
Pressestimmen'This is an absorbing, insightful book. Through poignant, well-told fieldwork stories, the authors shed light on the cultural significance of money, and they address crucial questions about ethics, power, and subjectivity in anthropological research.' Peter Wogan, Willamette University, USA The book is remarkably coherent in tone. Anthropological Notebook
Untertitel: 'Encounters Experience and Anthropological Knowledge'. bibliography, index.
Verlag: Bloomsbury Publishing PLC
Erscheinungsdatum: August 2007
Seitenanzahl: 160 Seiten