The Louisville Slugger(r) Complete Book of Hitting Faults and Fixes: How to Detect and Correct the 50 Most Common Mistakes at the Plate
Besorgung - Lieferbarkeit unbestimmt
BeschreibungFor a baseball player, there is nothing more frustrating than struggling at the plate. Hitters--no matter how accomplished--experience hitting slumps, for both mechanical and mental reasons. Their challenge--and yours--is to contain them for a short period of time. The Louisville Slugger Complete Book of Hitting Faults and Fixes identifies the sources of fifty distinct hitting faults that lead to problem swings and includes drills specifically designed to help you correct them.
The step-by-step approach starts from the ground up, including:
- Problems in the stance: hot feet, poor positioning in the box
- Pre-swing movements: no coil in torso, overstriding, hitching before swinging
- Hip rotation and weight transfer: little or no weight transfer, over-rotating
- The swing: uppercutting, casting your hands, pulling your head off the ball
- Mental approach: fear of failure, poor judgment of the strike zone, failing to recognize pitch patterns
PortraitJohn Monteleone has written or edited several sports books, including The Louisville Slugger Book of Hitting Faults and Fixes 0-8092-9802-3).
Untertitel: Sprache: Englisch.
Verlag: CONTEMPORARY BOOKS INC
Erscheinungsdatum: Februar 2001
Seitenanzahl: 208 Seiten