Wisconsin's Best Breweries and Brewpubs: Searching for the Perfect Pint
Besorgung - Lieferbarkeit unbestimmt
BeschreibungThis information-packed guidebook introduces you to more than sixty breweries and brewpubs--from the Shipwrecked Brew Pub in Egg Harbor, to smaller craft breweries like Capital Brewery west of Madison, to the world-famous Miller Brewing Company of Milwaukee. Robin Shepard includes descriptions and his personal ratings of some 600 local beers, plus a taster's chart you can use to record your own preferences.
For each brewpub and brewery site you'll find:
- a description and brief history, plus any "Don't miss" features
- names, comments, and ratings for all their specialty beers
- notes on the pub food, with recommendations
- suggestions of other sites to see and activities in the local area
- information about bottling and distribution
- availability of tours, tastings, gift shops, mug clubs, and "growlers"
- address and contact data, including Web sites and GPS coordinates!
Shepard also introduces novices to the brewing process and a wide variety of beer styles. And, you'll find a list of helpful books and Web sites, as well as information on Wisconsin beer tastings and festivals. As we say in Wisconsin, "So, have a couple a two, three beers, hey?"
PortraitRobin Shepard spent three years traveling Wisconsin in search of the perfect pint. Formerly an award-winning journalist, he is assistant professor of life sciences communication at the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
Untertitel: 'Locally Brewed'. Sprache: Englisch.
Verlag: UNIV OF WISCONSIN PR
Erscheinungsdatum: Oktober 2001
Seitenanzahl: 328 Seiten