BeschreibungCARlA BODO Board Member of the Cultural Information and Research Centres liaison in Europe (CIRCLE) and Director of the Observatory for the Performing Arts at the Department of the Performing Arts of the Italian Prime Minister's Office, Roma The relation between the public and the private sector in the field of culture, the central theme of this publication, was thoroughly debated during the 1997 CIRCLE Round Table in Amsterdam. It was not the first time CIRCLE addressed this issue. In 1988 CIRCLE'S Bureau was invited to participate in a seminar in Budapest on The State, the Market and Culture. I will never forget the emotional impact of Sacha Rubinstein's demonization of state sup port and his apotheosis of the role of the market in the cultural field in Russia. So, in ad vance of actual events, we suddenly had a premonition of what was going to happen, ofthe turmoil which was about to radically change the socio-political scene of Central and East ern Europe. Six years later, in 1994, we met again in Budapest for a Conference on The Distribu tion of Roles between Government and Arts Councils, Associations and Foundations.
InhaltsverzeichnisFocusing the Cultural Political Debate in Europe.- 1 Foreword.
- 1.1 Cultural Information and Research Centres Liaison in Europe (CIRCLE).
- 1.2 Ministry of Education, Culture and Science, the Netherlands.
- 1.3 Cultural Policy and Action Division of the Council of Europe.- 2 An Analytical Introduction.
- 2.1 Privatizing the Muse 'and all that Jazz'.- 3 Approaches to Privatization and Culture.
- 3.1 Rethinking the State's Role: Privatization, Economics and Cultural Policy.
- 3.2 Beyond Privatization: The Hybridization of Museums and the Built Heritage.
- 3.3 De-monopolizing Culture: Privatization and Culture in 23 European Countries.- 4 Case Studies.
- 4.1 The Contradictions of Désétatisation: Museums in France.
- 4.2 Traditional Policy Tools and New Incentives: Built Heritage in Greece.
- 4.3 The Shotgun Wedding of Opera and Industry: Opera Houses in Italy.- 44 Who Laughs Last...: Film and Broadcasting in Hungary.
- 4.5 Unbinding Books: Publishing in the Czech Republic.
- 4.6 The Conflicts between Profits and Politics: Cultural Industries in Europe.
- 4.7 Unlike Airlines and Phone Companies: Performing Arts in Europe.
- 4.8 Mixed Economy and Culture: Britain's Experience.- 5 Conclusions.-
Appendix A.- About the Authors.-
Appendix B.- CIRCLE'S Recommendations to the Council of Europe.- Board of CIRCLE.-
Appendix C.- C.1 Introduction to the Work of CIRCLE.- C.2 Introduction to the Work of the Boekman Foundation.- C.3 Introduction to the Department of Public Administration and Public Policy of Twente University.-
Untertitel: Experiences in the Arts, Heritage and Cultural Industries in Europe. 1998. Auflage. Book. Sprache: Englisch.
Erscheinungsdatum: November 1998
Seitenanzahl: 228 Seiten