BeschreibungThe New Flagship University is an expansive vision for leading national universities and an alternative narrative to global rankings and World Class Universities. The Flagship model explores pathways for universities to re-shape their missions and operational features to expand their relevancy in the societies that gave them life and purpose.
InhaltsverzeichnisPART I: EXPLORING THE NEW FLAGSHIP UNIVERSITY MODEL; John Aubrey Douglass
Introduction: Seeking an Alternative Narrative
1. How Rankings Came to Determine World Class
2. The Origin of the Flagship Idea and Modern Adaptions
3. Profiling the Flagship Model
4. Considering National Contexts and other Variables
PART II: THE FLAGSHIP UNIVERSITY IN GLOBAL PERSPECTIVE
5. The Predicament of the Quest for WCU Status and Seeking an Asian Flagship University; John N. Hawkins
6. Latin America Flagship Universities: From Early Notions of State Building to Seeking a Larger Role in Society; Andrés Bernasconi and Daniela Véliz Calderón
7. Scandinavian Flagship Universities: An Appraisal of Leading National Universities in the European Context; Bjørn Stensaker and Tatiana Fumasoli
8. The Soviet Flagship University Model and its Contemporary Transition; Isak Froumin and Oleg Leshukov
9. Epilogue - Reflections on a New Flagship University; Manja Klemencic
PortraitJohn Aubrey Douglass is Senior Research Fellow-Public Policy and Higher Education at the Center for Studies in Higher Education (CSHE), University of California, Berkeley, USA.
Untertitel: Changing the Paradigm from Global Ranking to National Relevancy. 'International and Development Education'. 1st ed. 2016. biography. Sprache: Englisch.
Verlag: Palgrave Macmillan
Erscheinungsdatum: November 2015
Seitenanzahl: 238 Seiten