Mac Upgrade and Repair Bible
Lieferbar innerhalb von 1-2 Wochen
Beschreibung* Totally revised and enhanced to cover major changes in the Mac market since 2000, including the revolutionary OS X 10.2 (Jaguar) * Features complete information about the flat-panel iMac line, iBook and eBook, PowerBook G4, Power Macintosh G4, and the process of upgrading from OS 9 to OS X * Includes coverage of MP3 players, iPod and iTunes, DVD-R, CD-R backup solutions, CD-RW, and much more * The most complete and authoritative upgrade and repair manual available for Mac users, by a respected Mac expert * CD-ROM is loaded with powerful utilities and money-saving coupons
* Totally revised and enhanced to cover major changes in the Mac market since 2000, including the revolutionary OS X 10.2 (Jaguar) * Features complete information about the flat-panel iMac line, iBook and eBook, PowerBook G4, Power Macintosh G4, and the process of upgrading from OS 9 to OS X * Includes coverage of MP3 players, iPod and iTunes, DVD-R, CD-R backup solutions, CD-RW, and much more * The most complete and authoritative upgrade and repair manual available for Mac users, by a respected Mac expert * CD-ROM is loaded with powerful utilities and money-saving coupons
n DVD movies by selecting the right digital video camera, adding video in/out hardware, and working with video software
* Enhance your MP3 player, iPod, iTunes, and other music software
* Share DOS and Unix files and also run DOS and Windows programs on your Mac
* Maintain your Mac's file system by cleaning files, uninstalling applications, removing viruses, and optimizing the hard drive
* ramBunctious, Font Reserve, and IPNetRouter trial versions
* FolderSynchronizer, Internet Connection Monitor, Mox Optimize, and Super Save shareware
* ToTheTrash!, Suitcase for Mac, ProtoFont, On Guard, and Super Get Info demo versions
* And more
InhaltsverzeichnisPreface. Acknowledgments. Part I: Getting Ready to Upgrade. Chapter 1: Time to Upgrade? Chapter 2: Figure Out Your Mac. Chapter 3: File Your Upgrade Plan. Chapter 4: Inside Your Mac. Chapter 5: The Port and Slot Primer. Part II: Performing the Upgrades. Chapter 6: Processor and Logic Board Upgrades. Chapter 7: Upgrading Memory. Chapter 8: Hard Drives. Chapter 9: CR-ROMs, Recordable CDs, and DVDs. Chapter 10: Backups and Removable Drives. Chapter 11: Input Devices. Chapter 12: Scanners, Digitable Cameras, and Handheld Devices. Chapter 13: Monitors and Video Cards. Chapter 14: Digital Video, Video Editing, and TV. Chapter 15: Sound, MP3, MIDI, and Speech. Chapter16: Printers and Print Sharing. Chapter17: Modems and Internet Access. Chapter 18: Networking. Chapter 19: Dealing with Windows and Linus. Chapter 20: PowerBooks and iBooks. Chapter 21: Upgrading iMacs and eMacs. Part III: Troubleshooting and Repairing. Chapter 22: Troubleshooting Basics: What's the Problem? Chapter 23: Power, Accelerators, and Memory. Chapter 24: Startup, Storage Devices, SCSI, and IDE. Chapter 25: Input Devices, Scanners, and Cameras. Chapter 26: Monitors, Video, and Sound. Chapter 27: Printers and Modems. Chapter 28: Networking Issues. Chapter 29: Gaming, Multimedia, and PC Issues. Chapter 30: Powerbook and iBook Issues. Part IV: Tweaking and Recovering the Mac OS. Chapter 31: First Aid for Ailing Mac Systems. Chapter 32: Maintaining Your Mac's File System. Chapter 33: Resolving Conflicts and Panics. Chapter 34: In Case of Emergency: Reinstalling Mac OS. Appendia A: What's on the CD-ROM. Appendix B: Online Resources. Indes.
PortraitTodd Stauffer is the author or co-author of over 25 computer books, contributor to various technical magazines, a humor columnist and a travel/automotive reviewer. Over 500,000 copies of books by Todd Stauffer have been sold, including editions in Portuguese, Chinese, Spanish, French and Russian. His titles including the best-selling How to Do Everything with your iMac (Osborne), Mac Upgrade and Repair Bible (Wiley), Small Business Office 2000 for Dummies (Wiley, with Dave Johnson) and HTML By Example (MCP). Todd was the writer and co-host of the "Disk Doctors" television show on Knowledge TV. He's also hosted the Peak Computing radio show in Denver (with Dave Johnson) as well as other short pieces for radio and audio Web streaming. Before going freelance, Todd was editor of Texas Computing Magazine and an advertising writer. He graduated from Texas A&M University with a B.A. in English Literature.
Kirk McElhearn is a freelance writer, technical writer, journalist, and translator. Co-author of the award-winning Microsoft Office v. X Inside Out, he has also written user manuals for many popular Macintosh programs, and is a regular contributor to several Mac publications, including the premier Macintosh e-zine TidBITS. As a translator, he works for some of the world's leading computer and telecommunications companies.
Untertitel: 3. , Auflage. Sprache: Englisch.
Verlag: John Wiley & Sons
Erscheinungsdatum: April 2003
Seitenanzahl: 1172 Seiten