What to Do for a Pain in the Neck
Lieferbar innerhalb von 2-3 Tagen
BeschreibungNo one who works at a computer or drives a car will be surprised to learn that neck pain is on the rise. About 70 million people in the United States have had neck pain, and the incidence is increasing. Like back pain, neck pain can become a constant plague that is both mysterious and difficult to treat.
Here at last is help. In What to Do for a Pain in the Neck, one of today's leading experts on neck pain provides a broad range of treatments and preventive measures so that you do not have to learn how to live with pain -- you can banish it.
Combining his own extensive experience with the best scientific information available, Dr. Jerome Schofferman presents strategies ranging from such simple tips as rearranging your desk, workstation, and computer height to daily exercise routines to aggressive treatments requiring professional care. Among the areas he explores in depth are
* Potential causes of neck pain
* Neck-related headaches
* Whiplash (including the effects of litigation on the rate of recovery)
* What to expect from a chiropractor or physical therapist
* Over-the-counter and prescription pain medications
* Acupuncture, meditation, magnet healing, massage, and other complementary therapies
* First aid for intermittent flare-ups
Untertitel: The Complete Program for Neck Pain Relief. Paperback. Sprache: Englisch.
Erscheinungsdatum: Januar 2001
Seitenanzahl: 306 Seiten