The Pits and the Pendulum
Lieferbar innerhalb von 2-3 Tagen
BeschreibungSpending a week doing nothing but exploring the possibilities of Lego, risking yet another job; impulsively sinking all his savings into impractical self-employment ventures; sleepless nights, gripped by the need to write - these are just some manifestations of the often damaging periods of manic, uninhibited energy of bipolar disorder.
InhaltsverzeichnisNot A Survivor's Guide. Prologue.
1. Legoland and Holes in the Head - Mania.
2. The Pits - Depression.
3. Lost in Fife - The Beginning.
4. Flaming Buckets - Seventies Psychiatric Hospital I.
5. Pay and Free Uniform - Seventies Psychiatric Hospital II.
6. Talking to God - Suicide.
7. Christopher Columbus, David Livingstone and Me - Work.
8. One of Us - Famous Manic-Depressives.
9. Babes in my Moods - Paranoia.
10. Not Work, Not Working - Breakdown.
11. Sideways Through the Torphins HaLF-edj - Ambulance Journey.
12. Pantiled Peep Show - Modern Psychiatric Hospital Building.
13. Psychos! Acute Psychiatric Ward.
14. Tack Short of a Fitted Carpet - Synonyms.
15. The Last Time I Saw Linda - Electroconvulsive Therapy.
16. Sweet Violets - The Psychotherapist.
17. Sweating it out with the Professionals - Doctors and Nurses.
18. ...and Mopped up by the System - Hospital Appearances.
19. Concessionville - Getting Around.
20. Show Folks - Social Wipeout.
21. The Choir Lady - Making Things Worse.
22. Only a Salt - Prescription Drugs.
23. Another Way of Being - Something to Celebrate?
PortraitBrian Adams is fifty-five. He served an apprenticeship as a baker and confectioner, then trained in community education. Amongst his many jobs he has been a youth hostel warden, a residential childcare worker and a community development worker. Brian lives in Aberdeenshire.
Untertitel: 49:B&W 6. 14 x 9. 21 in or 234 x 156 mm (Royal 8vo) Perfect Bound on White w/Gloss Lam. Sprache: Englisch.
Verlag: Jessica Kingsley Publishers, Ltd
Erscheinungsdatum: September 2000
Seitenanzahl: 160 Seiten