Handbook of Health Promotion and Disease Prevention
Lieferbar innert 2 Wochen
BeschreibungThis volume provides an overview of the important health promotion and disease prevention theories, methods, and policy issues. Applications of these theories and methods are reviewed to promote health through a variety of channels, for a variety of disease outcomes, and among a variety of populations. It can be used as a text for introductory causes to the field of health promotion and disease prevention, as well as a reference for researchers and practitioner's actively working in this area.
I: Health Promotion and Disease Prevention: History and Areas of Importance.
1. Introduction: The Importance of Behavior in Health Promotion and Disease Prevention: R.J. DiClemente, J.M. Raczynski.
2. Health Promotion and Disease Prevention: A Historical Perspective; D.M. Macrina.
II: Theoretical Models and Evaluation Methods in Health Promotion and Disease Prevention.
3. Theoretical Approaches Guiding the Development and Implementation of Health Promotion Programs; C.L. Kohler, D. Grimley, K. Reynolds.
4. Program Evaluation; L. Fish, L. Leviton.
III: General/Cross-Cutting Issues.
5. Symptom Perception; M.M. Phillips, et al.
6. Health Care Seeking Behaviors; M.J. Gilliland, et al.
7. Stress, Coping, Social Support and Illness; L.F. Clark, et al.
IV: Behavior Change for Risk Reduction.
8. Tobacco Use Prevention and Cessation; S. Winders, et al.
9. Obesity and Nutrition; B.A. Spear, C. Reinold.
10. Physical Activity; B.K. Sanderson, H.A. Taylor Jr.
11. Alcohol and Drug Abuse; J.E. Schumacher, J.B. Milby.
V: Behavior Change for Risk Reduction of Disease and Disability.
12. Cardiovascular Diseases; J.M. Raczynski, et al.
13. Cancer Prevention and Control; K.D. Reynolds, et al.
14. Intentional Injury; P.R. Fine, et al.
15. Unintentional Injury; P.R. Fine, et al.
16. Pulmonary Disorders; C.L. Kohler, et al.
17. Behavioral and Social Dimensions of Pain in Rheumatic Disease; L.A. Bradley.
18. Prevention of HIV/AIDS; R.J. DiClemente, et al.
VI: Intervention Channels.
19. Schools as a Setting for Health Promotion and Disease Prevention; K.D. Reynolds, et al.
20. Planning Community Health Interventions; J.D. Gilliland, J.E. Taylor.
21. Health Promotion in Health Care Settings; M. Engle, P. Kratz.
22. Health Promotion and Disease Prevention at the Worksite; K.C. Brown, et al.
VII: Special Populations and Issues.
23. Promoting the Health of Women and Children; L.V. Klerman.
24. Adolescents; R.J. DiClemente, B. Cobb.
25. Older Populations; M.M. Galvin, et al.
26. Women's Health and Health Behaviors; C.E. Cornell, et al.
27. Sociocultural Factors and Prevention Programs Affecting the Health of Ethnic Minorities; G.M. Wingood, B. Keltner.
28. Health Promotion and Disease Prevention in Developing Countries; W. Mason, D. Coombs.
VIII: Policy Perspectives.
29. The Role of Health Care Organization in Health Promotion and Disease Prevention; J.M. Bronstein.
30. Role of Health Departments in Health Promotion; S.A. Capper.
31. Cost-Effectiveness of Health Promotion Programs; E. Capilouto.
IX: Future Directions in Health Promotion and Disease Prevention.
32. Promising Theoretical and Methodological Approaches and Future Directions in Health Promotion and Disease Prevention Research and Practice; R.J. DiClemente, J.M. Raczynski.
Pressestimmen" ... it offers comprehensive content, presented in an in-depth and insightful manner. It is scholarly in tone and requires serious reading. ... This volume is a superb example of collaborative academic achievement embracing a defined body of knowledge. A vital addition to academic libraries providing contemporary resources in the areas of public health, public policy, and behavioral science, as well as for health care disciplines employing health, wellness, and prevention as part of their scope of practice. Undergraduates and up."
(Choice, 37:5 (2000)
"... the volume meets its intended goals. It does a workman-like job in regard to the most prevalent and frequently discussed issues in the field. ... This should be a useful basic text for first year graduate students in public health."
(The Journal of Nervous and Mental Disease, 188:11 (2000)
Untertitel: 'Plenum Series in Behavioral Ps'. 1999. Auflage. Sprache: Englisch.
Verlag: SPRINGER VERLAG GMBH
Erscheinungsdatum: September 1999
Seitenanzahl: 669 Seiten