Health, the Individual, and Integrated Medicine: Revisiting an Aesthetic of Health Care
Bisher € 36,93
Besorgung - Lieferbarkeit unbestimmt
BeschreibungComplementary therapies are a vital part of any integrated approach to health which includes specialist and layman knowledge. He provides a critique of methods used to assess treatment, and advocates a more pluralistic approach to medical research and practice, looking at physical, psychological, spiritual and social dimensions of a person's life.
1. Making and taking health care decisions.
2. Lifestyle, charismatic ideology and a praxis aesthetic.
3. The clinical assessment of acupuncture for asthma.
4. Of ethics and education: strategies for curriculum and development.
5. Aesthetics and the individual in the practice of medical research.
6. Clinical research, the individual patient, and the limits of randomised controlled trials.
7. A community approach to cancer in families.
8. Music therapy references relating to cancer and palliative care.
9. Music therapy and spirituality: A transcendental understanding of suffering.
10. Prayer and spiritual healing in medical settings.
11. A qualitative research perspective on healing.
12. The breath in healing.
13. Music therapy and neurological rehabilitation: Recognition and the performed body in an ecological niche.
14. Guidelines for Clinical Research. Conclusion. References. Index.
PortraitDavid Aldridge is the author of a number of books within related fields such as Spirituality, Healing and Medicine: Return to the Silence and Music Therapy Research and Practice in Medicine, both published by Jessica Kingsley Publishers.
Untertitel: New. Sprache: Englisch.
Verlag: JESSICA KINGSLEY PUBL INC
Erscheinungsdatum: März 2004
Seitenanzahl: 224 Seiten