Space, the City and Social Theory
Lieferbar innert 2 Wochen
BeschreibungSpace, the City and Social Theory offers a clear and critical account of key approaches to cities and urban space within social theory and analysis.
1. Community and Solitude: Social Relations in the City.
2. Spaces of Difference and Division.
3. The Politics of Space: Social Movements and Public Space.
4. Capital and Culture: Gentrifying the City.
5. Embodied Spaces: Gender, Sexuality and the City.
6. Spatial Stories: Subjectivity in the City.
7. Making Space: Urban Cultures, Spatial Tactics. Conclusion. Bibliography. Index.
PortraitFran Tonkiss is a Lecturer in Sociology at the London School of Economics and Political Science.
Pressestimmen"A wonderfully eclectic but focused book about social relations and spatial process in the US city." British Journal of Sociology "Fran Tonkiss has written an important book. She shows the ways in which classic social theory continues to haunt the understanding of modern urban life. In clear, direct prose she shows also the ways cities are changing, and so require new thinking. The urbanite as well as the urbanist will be provoked." Richard Sennett, London School of Economics "This is an exceptionally useful and inspiring book that will be used to instruct many of the urbanists of the future." Nigel Thrift, University of Oxford
Untertitel: Social Relations and Urban Forms. 0 Abbildungen. Sprache: Englisch.
Verlag: Polity Press
Erscheinungsdatum: Januar 2006
Seitenanzahl: 176 Seiten