Readers for Life: The Ultimate Reading Fitness Guide, K-8
Bisher € 21,10
Besorgung - Lieferbarkeit unbestimmt
BeschreibungFor less proficient readers, going to school can often feel like humiliating drudgery. But you can help every student see reading as an opportunity, not an obligation. In Readers for Life Danny Brassell shows you the way with smart advice on how to guide children toward becoming lifelong lovers of reading without completely overhauling your curriculum or discarding your daily routines. Readers for Life provides proven, easy-to-use strategies to help you improve your literacy curricula, increase your students' joy of reading, and implement a community-volunteer program in your classroom. Best of all, Brassell demonstrates how you can do it in just one hour a week. His reading-fitness program describes:
- what materials you need to get started, including research-based strategies for increasing book access and building a large, diverse collection of children's literature--without spending your own money
- how to set up your classroom library to help students enjoy exploring, choosing, and reading books
- how to set up a comprehensive volunteer reading-tutoring program in your classroom
- what specific reading activities help kids get--and keep--the reading bug
- what kinds of resources, forms, and checklists you'll need to get started and continue moving toward your curricular goals
- how the whole enterprise will help more students meet standards.
Untertitel: Empfohlen von 5 bis 13 Jahren. Sprache: Englisch.
Verlag: HEINEMANN EDUC BOOKS
Erscheinungsdatum: Juli 2006
Seitenanzahl: 102 Seiten