Make Your Workplace Great: The 7 Keys to an Emotionally Intelligent Organization
Besorgung - Lieferbarkeit unbestimmt
BeschreibungWhat Steven J. Stein found out about creating and sustaininggreat workplaces
The proprietary and cutting-edge research carried out by theauthor led to outcomes that shed new light on management practiceand strategy. The 7 Keys presented in this book, when implemented,will produce immediate results and long-term enhancedperformance.
You will be privy to what the author has learned about thechanging workplace and the role leaders play in maximizing theirworkforce. You can fill an organization with all the intelligentand highly educated people you want, but without the right cultureand discipline, your chances of success are in doubt.
Use this book to see how your organization measures up to the 7Keys and implement the necessary changes to make your workplace ahappier and more productive one.
The 7 keys
* Hire capable people who love the work they do and show how theycontribute to the bigger picture.
* Compensate people fairly.
* Don't overwork (or underwork) people.
* Build strong teams with shared purpose and viable goals.
* Make sure managers can manage.
* Treat people with respect and leverage their uniquetalents.
* Be proactively responsible by doing the right things to win thehearts and minds of your people.
PART ONE: WHY OUR WORLD--AND THE WORK WE DO--WILLNEVER BE THE SAME AGAIN.
1. Changes in Society and Their Impact on Work.
2. What Keeps CEOs Up at Night?
3. What Do We Really Know About Job Satisfaction andProductivity?
4. Emotional Intelligence and Organizational Culture: A NewRelationship.
5. Selecting the Right People: Round Pegs in Round Holes.
PART TWO: WHAT TO MEASURE AND HOW TO FIX IT.
6. Taking the Organization's Temperature.
7. Job Happiness: Don't Worry, Be Happy.
8. Compensation: Show Me the Money.
9. Work/Life Stress Management: I've Been Workin'Overtime.
10. Organizational Cohesiveness: We're All in ThisTogether.
11. Supervisory Leadership: You're Not the Boss of Me.
12. Diversity and Anger Management: It's a Wide, WideWorld - Take This Job and Shove It.
13. Organizational Responsiveness: Big Brother Is Looking Outfor You.
14. Putting It All Together - Organizationally, ThatIs.
Appendix: The Benchmark of Organizational Emotional Intelligence(BOEI).
How to Get in Touch with the Author.
PortraitSTEVEN J. STEIN is a clinical psychologist and the founderand CEO of Multi-Health Systems Inc. (MHS), a leading psychologicaltest-publishing company and three-time Profit 100 winner (awardedto the fastest-growing Canadian companies). He was formerly thedirector of research at a large treatment center for children andadolescents, and is the Past-President of the Ontario PsychologicalAssociation and Chair of the Psychology Foundation of Canada. Dr. Stein and his team at MHS have tested the EmotionalIntelligence (EQ) of more people in the world than anyone else.Dr.Stein previously held the rank of Assistant Professor in theDepartment of Psychiatry at the University of Toronto and taught inthe Psychology Department at York University (Toronto). He is aleading expert on psychological assessment, and has consulted withthe Canadian Armed Forces, the U.S. Air Force, FBI, and specialunits of the Pentagon. He has also worked with numerous corporateclients, including American Express, Air Canada, Coca Cola, CIBC,as well as several professional sports teams. He has appeared on national media in the United States andCanada, and is a much sought-after speaker on the topic ofemotional intelligence and people issues in the workplace. Headdresses groups and organizations all across North America, and inEurope, Australia, Asia, and South Africa.www.makeyourworkplacegreat.com
Untertitel: Sprache: Englisch.
Verlag: JOHN WILEY & SONS INC
Erscheinungsdatum: Februar 2007
Seitenanzahl: 314 Seiten