The Investor's Toolbox
Lieferbar innerhalb von 2-3 Tagen
BeschreibungThis book is a simple, practical guide to how you can use some of the newer investment products like spread betting, binary betting, contracts for difference, covered warrants and exchange-traded funds, as well as older ones like futures and options, to help your investing.
In different ways, each of these products allows you either to:
- boost the returns you get in exchange for taking on greater risk;
- hedge your bets in exchange for slightly lower returns;
- use much less capital to achieve the same market exposure; or
- move money into and out of a range of markets and sectors efficiently.
The author believes they are tools that all investors need to know about and be able to use when the occasion demands it. They should help you successfully confront any lengthy period of trendless or volatile markets.
While the past three years has seen a generally strong upward trend in stock markets, this is not bound to continue. Periodic volatility is the natural order of things. Interestingly enough - despite what appears to have been a bull market - recent years have also seen increased use by private investors of many of the tools described in this book. Proof, if needed, that they work, and can be applied, in all market conditions.
1. Derivatives History
2. Basic Concepts
4. Contracts for Difference (CFDs)
5. Spread Betting
8. Exchange-Traded Funds (ETFs)
10. Trading Strategies I - Futures, CFDs and Spread Betting
11. Trading Strategies II - Options and Warrants
12. Developing Your Plan Appendices 1. Derivatives Comparison Chart 2. Finding the Information 3. Software 4. Further Reading 5. Glossary of Web Sites Index
PortraitPeter Temple has been working in and writing about financial markets for the last 36 years. After an 18 year career in fund management and stockbroking, he became a full time writer in 1988. His articles appear in the Financial Times, Investors Chronicle and a range of other publications. He has written more than a dozen books about investing, mainly aimed at private investors. He and his wife live in part of a converted bobbin mill in the Lake District National Park.
Untertitel: How to Use Spread Betting, CFDs, Options, Warrants and Trackers to Boost Returns and Reduce Risk. 449:B&W 6. 14 x 9. 21 in or 234 x 156 mm (Royal 8vo) Perfect Bound on White w/Matte Lam. Sprache: Englisch.
Verlag: Harriman House Ltd
Erscheinungsdatum: März 2007
Seitenanzahl: 328 Seiten