Higher Education: Handbook of Theory and Research
Lieferbar innerhalb von 2-3 Tagen
BeschreibungPublished annually since 1985, the Handbook series provides a compendium of thorough and integrative literature reviews on a diverse array of topics of interest to the higher education scholarly and policy communities. Each chapter provides a comprehensive review of research findings on a selected topic, critiques the research literature in terms of its conceptual and methodological rigor, and sets forth an agenda for future research intended to advance knowledge on the chosen topic. The Handbook focuses on twelve general areas that encompass the salient dimensions of scholarly and policy inquiries undertaken in the international higher education community. The series is fortunate to have attracted annual contributions from distinguished scholars throughout the world.
1. Life under construction: Autoethnography of a researcher; Y.S. Lincoln.
2. Mandated openness and higher-education governance: Policy, theoretical, and analytic perspectives; M.K. McLendon, James C. Hearn.
3. Studying college access and choice: A proposed conceptual model; L.W. Perna.
4. The study of academic careers: Looking back, looking forward; M.J. Finkelstein.
5. Institutions of academic governance and institutional theory: A framework for further research; G.E. Kaplan.
6. To use or not to use theory: Is that the question?; A. Kezar.
7. Crossborder education: An analytical framework for program and provider mobility; J. Knight.
8. Preparing the professoriate of the future: Graduate student socialization for faculty roles; A.E. Austin, M. McDaniels.
9. Using data mining to analyze large data sets in higher education research: An example of prediction with NSOPF; Yonghong Jade Xu.
10. Toward strategic ambiguity: Antidote to managerialism in governance; J.L. Bess.
11. The political economy of international student flows: Patterns, ideas, and propositions; J.J. Lee et al.
12. Social capital and the racial stratification of college opportunity; R. Teranishi, K. Briscoe.
Contents of previous volumes. Subject index. Author index.
Untertitel: 2006. Auflage. Book. Sprache: Englisch.
Erscheinungsdatum: November 2006
Seitenanzahl: 652 Seiten