Supporting the Child and the Family in Paediatric Palliative Care
Lieferbar innerhalb von 2-3 Tagen
BeschreibungThis book provides a comprehensive overview of good practice in caring for terminally-ill children, young people and their families. The material offers helpful suggestions on how to support families in making informed choices during distressing periods, such as where their child will die and how to prepare for the funeral.
InhaltsverzeichnisForeword. Introduction. Introduction to Paediatric Palliative Care.
1. The Historical Background of Paediatric Palliative Care.
2. Working Collaboratively. Responding to Holistic Needs from Diagnosis through to Terminal Care and Bereavement.
3. Assessment of Needs and Models of Care.
4. Managing Children's Pain.
5. The End of Life Phase of Care.
6. Administrative and Practical Requirements When a Child Dies.
7. The Child's Funeral.
8. Counselling Support.
9. The Financial Impact of Caring. Meeting Individual Needs.
10. Children's Developmental Understanding and Emotional Response to Death and Dying.
11. The Impact of Life-limiting Illness on the Family.
12. Continuing Bonds.
13. Working with Siblings of Life-limited Children.
14. Grandparent Support.
15. Religious, Cultural, Secular and Spiritual Aspects of Care.
16. Post Mortem, Organ Donation and Tissue Retention.
17. The Education of the Life-limited Child.
18. Transition from Paediatric Palliative Care to Adult Services.
19. Acknowledging Staff Stress and Providing Support. The Way Forward.
20. Maintaining the Quality of Care.
21. The Role of Research and Development in Children's Hospices. References. Subject Index. Author Index.
PortraitErica Brown is Head of Research and Development at Acorns Children's Hospice in Birmingham. She has lectured and published internationally in the field of special education, spiritual and religious care, palliative care and bereavement. She is also a trained bereavement counsellor. Brian Warr is Director of Care at Acorns Children's Hospice, a post he has held for the past 14 years. Before joining Acorns Brian held senior management posts with Barnardo's and Social Services. He has been employed in child care posts for 34 years. In 1998, Brian became a Justice of the Peace in both the Family Court and The Youth Work Court.
Untertitel: 49:B&W 6. 14 x 9. 21 in or 234 x 156 mm (Royal 8vo) Perfect Bound on White w/Gloss Lam. Sprache: Englisch.
Verlag: Jessica Kingsley Publishers, Ltd
Erscheinungsdatum: Juni 2011
Seitenanzahl: 306 Seiten