Research Methods in Politics
Bisher € 34,49
Lieferbar innert 2 Wochen
BeschreibungPacked with features to promote learning this text is ideal for use on an introductory methods course or for readers carrying out their own research project.
- an overview of the philosophy and principles of research
- qualitative and quantitative research methods and research design
- a critical review of selected methods
- methods of gathering information, such as interviews and focus groups, and discusses issues associated with ensuring quality of information
- appropriate methods for analysing and interpreting data, and covers the process of communicating research.
The inclusion of chapter objectives, regular summaries, questions for discussion and tasks and assignments, makes this the must-have text for researching politics.
InhaltsverzeichnisPART ONE: INTRODUCTION
Power in Research, Ethics, Data Protection and Bias
The Philosophy and Principles of Research
PART TWO: METHODOLOGIES
Qualitative versus Quantitative Methods
A Relevant Argument?
Collecting Data Sets
Case Studies, Experimental, Comparative, Longitudinal and Action Research Models
PART THREE: COLLECTING INFORMATION
Critically Evaluating Published Research
Validity, Reliability, Accuracy, Triangulation
Completing a Literature Review
Accessing Published Information
Effective Elite Interviews, Vignettes, Projective Questions and Focus Groups
PART FOUR: DATA ANALYSIS
Analyzing Research Data
PART FOUR A: QUANTITATIVE ANALYSIS
Calculating and Interpretating Descriptive Statistics
Using and Understanding Inferential Statistics
Testing for Association
Applying Factor Analysis and Other Advanced Techniques
PART FOUR B: QUALITATIVE ANALYSIS
Analyzing Qualitative Information
Classifying, Coding and Interpreting Information
Using Content Analysis
Understanding and Adopting Discourse and Narrative Analysis
PART FIVE: COMMUNICATING RESEARCH
Untertitel: Sprache: Englisch.
Verlag: Sage Publications Ltd
Erscheinungsdatum: April 2008