Mental Health Interventions and Services for Vulnerable Children and Young People
Lieferbar innerhalb von 2-3 Tagen
BeschreibungThis book provides a model which offers guidance on effective and appropriate therapeutic interventions and services for vulnerable children and young people, the book enables professionals working with vulnerable children to choose the right intervention for each individual child.
InhaltsverzeichnisForeword. Richard Williams, Welsh Institute for Health and Social Care, University of Glamorgan.
Part 1: Evidence, Policy and Legislation.
1. Introduction. Panos Vostanis.
2. Developing a Policy Framework for Vulnerable Children with Mental Health Needs: Challenges and Possibilities. Miranda Wolpert, National Institute for Child Mental Health, The Anna Freud Centre, London.
3. Vulnerable Children's Rights to Services. Maria Stuttaford, Lecturer in Health and Social Care, University of St. Andrews, Fyfe.
4. Ethical Issues in Working Therapeutically with Vulnerable Children. Sharon Leighton, Nurse Consultant, Staffordshire CAMHS.
5. Tackling the Stigma of Mental Health in Vulnerable Children and Young People. Fiona Gale, Associate Director and Programme Lead, East Midlands CAMHS Support Service.
Part 2: Applied Interventions for Vulnerable Children, Young People and Their Carers.
6. Interventions for Foster Carers and Adoptive Parents of Children Who Have Experienced Abuse and Trauma. Jeanette Allen, Clinical Psychologist, Leicestershire CAMHS.
7. Therapeutic Issues in Working with Vulnerable Children and Young People. Vicki Edwards, Clinical Psychologist, Leicestershire CAMHS.
8. Cognitive-Behavioural Interventions for Young Offenders. Ellen Townsend, Lecturer in Psychology, University of Nottingham.
9. Working Systemically with Vulnerable Children and Their Parents or Carers. Maeve McColgan, Family Therapist, Leicestershire CAMHS.
10. Interventions and Services for Refugee and Asylum-Seeking Children and Families. Viki Elliott, Senior Nurse Specialist, Leicestershire CAMHS.
11. Therapeutic Services for Homeless Families and Young People. Panos Vostanis.
12. Helping Families Who Are Victims of Domestic Abuse. Rachel Brooks, Lecturer in Child Health, and Elspeth Webb, Senior Lecturer in Child Health, Cardiff University.
13. Mental Health Services for Children with an Intellectual Disability. Helen Pote, Clinical Director, University of London.
14. Children with Physical Illness. Khalid Karim, Senior Lecturer in Child Psychiatry, University of Leicester.
15. The Identification, Prevention and Treatment of Vulnerabilities among Children of Alcohol or Drug Dependent Parents. Jeffrey Wilson, Assistant Professor of Clinical Psychiatry, Columbia University, US, Lacey Beckmann, BS, New York State Psychiatric Institute, and Edward V. Nunes, MD, New York State Psychiatric Institute and Department of Psychiatry, Columbia University, New York.
Part 3: Applying the Evidence and Therapeutic Principles to Different Welfare and Health Systems, Cultural Contexts, and Social Circumstances.
16. Cultural Diversity Issues in Working with Vulnerable Children. Nisha Dogra, Senior Lecturer in Child Psychiatry, University of Leicester.
17. US Perspectives on Interventions for Vulnerable and Undeserved Youth. Niranjan Karnik, Resident in Child Psychiatry, Brenda Krause Eheart, Martha Bannan Power and Hans Steiner, Division of Child Psychiatry, Stanford University Medical Center, US.
18. Service Models and Policies in European Countries. Vaya Papageorgiou, Senior Lecturer in Child Psychiatry, University of Ioannina, Greece.
19. Mental Health Interventions and Services for Vulnerable Children and Young People: The Way Forward. Panos Vostanis. References. Subject index. Author index.
PortraitPanos Vostanis is Professor of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry at the University of Leicester. He has previously co-edited Homeless Children: Problems and Needs, published by Jessica Kingsley Publishers, and has written numerous research articles and book chapters on child and adolescent psychiatry.
Untertitel: 49:B&W 6. 14 x 9. 21 in or 234 x 156 mm (Royal 8vo) Perfect Bound on White w/Gloss Lam. Sprache: Englisch.
Verlag: Jessica Kingsley Publishers, Ltd
Erscheinungsdatum: November 2007
Seitenanzahl: 296 Seiten